Tracfone is a no-contract wireless cell phone service provider. It offers talk only plans for basic and flip phone users, and recently added monthly unlimited plans for smartphone users. Tracfone may be the right choice for unfrequent cell phone users who need cheap plans with service days ranging from 30 to 365 days. Let’s preview Tracfone flip phone plans, Tracfone smartphone plans, and the new Tracfone unlimited plans.
What gives Tracfone wireless network advantage over many other cell phone providers are the contracts between Tracfone and the four major cell phone networks in the United States, which make Tracfone providing reliable nationwide coverage.
Note: the service network you use depends on the area where you live and the phone you add to your account since some phones use GSM technology and others use CDMA technology.
Also, Tracfone mentioned you’ll not pay any overages aside from their plans, which means
- No activation fees
- No monthly bills
- No credit checks
- No cancellation fees
All unused minutes, texts, and data carryover if service is active on the same plan.
You can Save 10% on select plans if you apply to the Auto-Refill service.
Recommended: Tracfone Plans for seniors
Recommended: Sprint cell phone plans 2020
Recommended: Cricket cell phone plans
Tracfone phone plans
Tracfone offers three different types of plans. It offers pay as go plans for basic phone users, pay as you go plans for smartphone users and these two types of plans leak the unlimited option.
Recently Tracfone added the unlimited monthly plans for smartphone users only.
Tracfone Flip Phone Plans
Tracfone flip phone plans start at $9.99 for 30 minutes and 30 service days. Then you can get plans with up to 90 service days starting at $19.99. The availableTracfone year plans for basic phones start at $99.99 for 400 minutes.
Tracfone flip phone plans list
- For $9.99 you get 30 minutes (30 service days).
- For $19.99 you get 60 minutes (90 service days).
- For $29.99 you get 120 minutes (90 service days).
- For $39.99 you get 200 minutes (90 service days).
- For $79.99 you get 450 minutes (90 service days).
- For $99.99 you get 400 minutes (365 service days).
- For $159.99 you get 1,000 minutes (365 service days).
- For $199.99 you get 1,500 minutes (365 service days).
Tracfone Smartphone Plans
Tracfone smartphone plans start at $15 for 500 minutes, 500 texts, and 500 MB of data that can be consumed in 30 service days. As mentioned before any unused minutes, texts, or data rollover as long as the service plan still active.
Smartphone plans with 60 days of service start at $25 for 500 minutes, 1000 texts, and 500 MB of data. Then you can get 90 days of service starting at $45. The only Tracfone yearly plan for smartphone users is available at $125
Tracfone Smartphone phone plans list
- For $15 you get 500 minutes, 500 texts, 200MB (30 service days)
- For $25 you get 500 minutes, 1,000 texts, 500MB (60 service days).
- For $35 you get 750 minutes, 1,000 texts, 1GB (60 service days).
- For $45 you get 750 minutes, 1,000 texts, 1.5GB (90 service days).
- For $50 you get 750 minutes, 1,000 texts, 2GB (90 service days).
- For $125 you get 1,500 minutes, 1,500 texts, 1.5GB (365 service days).
Tracfone Unlimited Plans – Tracfone Monthly Plans
The new Tracfone plans for smartphone users are unlimited monthly plans that offer unlimited talk, text, and data allotment that range between 1GB to 3GB of high-speed data.
The Tracfone monthly plans are three plans and start at $20 a month. The Tracfone $20 plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and 1GB of data. The second plan gives 2GB of data for $25 a month. The last plan gives 3GB for $30 per month.
Unused data carryover if the service plan still active.
Tracfone unlimited plans list
- For $20 you get unlimited talk, text plus 1GB of high-speed data for 30 service days.
- For $25 you get unlimited talk, text plus 2GB of high-speed data for 30 service days.
- For $30 you get unlimited talk, text plus 3GB of high-speed data for 30 service days.
Also known as Tracfone Triple Minutes Deals. Tracfone used to offer deals with the activation of a new phone, the promotion is to get double minutes or triple minutes for life. Now Tracfone tends to limit the deals to very few phones and most of the latest added phones don’t get any promotions.
In case you need additional minutes, texts, or data. You can get
- $10 for international long distance calls at low rates.
- $10 for 500 minutes.
- $10 for 1GB of data.
- $5 for 1000 texts.